Post Number 27, A Look At How I Number My Pictures,




some times I take many pictures of the same temple, so I make a folder for each temple I visit and use the first number that the camera has given them for all of the temples in the same folder, to differentiate them I keep the same number but add a letter behind each one, so in this folder I have called Temple 1 each picture has the number of the first one, in this case P1010276, I look through the pictures and any I want to work with I rename with a letter after each number, P1010276a, P1010276b, P1010276c, and so on, that way in future I have all of the same temple in the same folder, it seems a bit laborious but in reality it means just changing the last 2 or 3 figures and adding a letter, 


having finished I then make a copy of the full sized image and a smaller one that can be used on the web page or emailed, these are all in the same folder on my desktop that have all of my Infrared images in, New Camera,


so this is how what my New Camera folder looks like, a folder for each temple at the top and finished large and small file sized pictures at the bottom, I am sure there are better ways of doing this, but this is mine and it works for me.


Comments

Popular Posts